Friday, September 25, 2015

Engaged in Danger


Author:  Barbara Venkataraman
Series:  Jamie Quinn Mysteries #4

Genre:  Cozy Mystery
Publisher:  Amazon Digital Services

Description:  Finally, life is good for reluctant family law attorney, Jamie Quinn--her father may get his visa soon, her boyfriend is the bomb, and her law practice is growing like crazy--but when she agrees to take on a high-profile divorce case, everything falls apart. What looked like an opportunity to work with her friend Grace and make some serious bucks has turned into a deadly game, one that could destroy their friendship and tear their town apart. Why couldn't Jamie just leave well enough alone?


MY REVIEW

I was gifted a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.  This is the fourth installment in the Jamie Quinn Mysteries.  I have read the previous three and so when I was gifted this book I was happy to read and review.  I have thoroughly enjoyed the series and I have to say this installment did not disappointed.  Ms. Venkataraman has written a main character that I find to be very likable and can relate to both on a personal and professional level.  In addition to Jamie, the series has a cast of re-occurring characters that add to the strength of the story.  I have to same I think my favorite secondary character is Duke Brussard, the PI who Jamie occasionally hires to assist her with her cases.  What I particularly enjoyed about this installment is the way that the author wove together what appeared to be seemingly unrelated mysteries into a much larger mystery which is revealed toward the end of the novel.  There is even a nice twist on the case Duke is working on which is unrelated to the case for which Jamie has hired him.  The story had plenty of twists for me and I have to say that I was a little surprised at how the two mysteries related to each other.  The story is well written with a nice pace.  I find this series to be a quick and enjoyable read and I look forward to seeing what the author has in store for Jamie Quinn in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment