Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Pumpkin Pied: A Gray Whale Inn Short Story


Author: Karen MacInerney
Series: Gray Whale Inn
Genre:  Cozy Mystery


Description:  It's almost time for the Cranberry Island Harvest Festival and Pie Bake-Off... and the much-anticipated annual Great Pumpkin Contest. But trouble starts brewing when the front-running pumpkin is sabotaged... and flickering, ghostly lights set island tongues wagging. When the corn maze goes up in smoke, things really start heating up... and it's up to innkeeper Natalie Barnes to get to the bottom of things. Is it really a ghost? Or is it someone's twisted idea of Halloween hijinks -- which may take a deadly turn?


My Review

This is a short e-novella that is part of the author's Gray Whale Inn Series.  I have to begin by saying that I have been a fan of this series for a while, so when I saw that this novella was released I quickly snapped it up as part of my Kindle Unlimited subscription.  This novella is just about 50 pages so it is a quick read.  I found this to be a great addition to the series.  I love the setting and characters of the Gray Whale Inn series and it was like visiting an old group of friends when I sat down to read this story.  All of your favorite characters are back for the Harvest Festival, and yes, once again trouble finds Natalie.  Except this time, she has a friend from back home staying with her on the island.  It is her friend Lucy and the reader gets a glimpse of the main character from the first book Killer Jam in the Dewberry Farms series.  As I said, this was a quick and enjoyable read and if you are a fan of the series don't miss this short story installment.  It is well written and the characters are wonderful. I think you will really enjoy the story and you might even be surprised at which character does the town a good deed.

No comments:

Post a Comment