Friday, September 11, 2015

The Skeleton in the Closet



Author:  Angie Fox
Genre:  Cozy Mystery
Publisher:  Season Publishing

Description:  A haunted library is no place for a girl who can see ghosts, but when Verity Long stumbles on a dead body in the middle of the main reading room, she has to believe someone…even a dead someone…must have witnessed the crime. Her ghostly sidekick Frankie warns her to stay out of it. The very alive, very handsome deputy sheriff, Ellis Wydell, inadvertently places her directly in the middle of it. And her ex-fiancé, Ellis’s brother, is back with an agenda of his own. Undaunted, Verity presses forward, uncovering scandalous secrets, long-forgotten ghosts, and a shocking trail of clues that places her directly in the path of a killer.


My Review

I received an ARC of this book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. This is the second book in the Southern Ghost Hunter Mysteries series by this author. Verity Long stumbles onto a dead body in the middle of the library and believing that someone had to have seen who committed the crime, she sets out to solve a mystery.

This is the first book I have read by this author and I enjoyed getting to know the characters in this story. While I did not read the first the series (which I will be doing now that I have read this one), I didn't feel like I missed out too much as the author does incorporate background information. I found this book to be a quick fun read with characters that you want to get to know. That is one of the things I look for when reading a series. The characters have to engage me and I have to want to know what happens next in their lives. The author accomplishes that job with this story. The book was well written with a light touch and a good pace. As I mentioned before, I will definitely be going back to read the first book and will be looking forward to future books in this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment