Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Yarned and Dangerous


Author:  Sadie Hartwell
Genre:  Cozy Mystery
Series:  #1 Tangled Web Mystery
Publisher:  Kensington
Publication Date:  November 24, 2015

Description:  Josie Blair left Dorset Falls twelve years ago in hopes of making it big in New York City. But after earning an overpriced master’s degree and getting fired by a temperamental designer, she finds herself heading back to her hometown. Her great-uncle was injured in a car accident, and newly unemployed Josie is the only person available to take care of him. Uncle Eb’s wife didn’t survive the crash, so Josie is also tasked with selling the contents of her Aunt Cora’s yarn shop. But the needling ladies of the Charity Knitters Association pose a far bigger challenge than a shop full of scattered skeins…

Miss Marple Knits is one of the few businesses still open in the dreary downtown. Josie can’t imagine how it stayed open for so long, yet something about the cozy, resilient little shop appeals to her. But when one of the town’s most persnickety knitters turns up dead in a pile of cashmere yarn, Josie realizes there’s something truly twisted lurking beneath the town’s decaying façade.

My Review

This is the first in a new series by Author Sadie Hartwell and the first that I have read by this author. I found this book to be a quick read for me. That is not a reflection on the length of the book but rather the fact that the story was well written with a pace that moved along nicely. In addition, for the first book in a series, I found the characters to be fairly well developed. The main character is likable and I could relate to the position she found herself to be in - doing something because she couldn't say no to her mother. The characters coupled with the writing and the twists in this book made kept me reading to see what happened next in the story. This is a great start to a new series and I will be looking for future books by this author.  For those readers who are crafty, and I confess I am not, there are knitting patterns included.

I received an ARC of this book through Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment