Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Death Crashes the Party


Author:  Vickie Fee
Series:  Liv and Di in Dixie Mystery #1
Genre:  Cozy Mystery

Publisher:  Kensington
Publication Date:  December 29, 2015

DescriptionIn the quirky, close-knit town of Dixie, Tennessee, party planner Liv McKay has a knack for throwing Southern-style soirées, from diamonds-and-denim to black tie affairs, and her best friend Di Souther mixes a mean daiquiri. While planning a Moonshine and Magnolias bash for high maintenance clients, Liv inconveniently discovers a corpse in the freezer and turns her attention from fabulous fêtes to finding a murderer. Together, Liv and Di follow a trail of sinister secrets in their sweet little town that leads them from drug smugglers to a Civil War battlefield, and just when they think they're whistling Dixie, Liv and Di will find themselves squarely in the cross-hairs of the least likely killer of all. 

My Review 

This book is the first in a new series by author Vicki Fee. I am an avid reader of cozy mysteries so it is nice to have an opportunity to try a new author to the genre. This was a very enjoyable read for me. The story is set in a charming southern town that is filled with great fun characters. For the first book in a series, I thought the characters were well written. They are written to be quirky with wit and humor. I enjoyed the mystery and found the book to have a nice pace. Overall, I enjoyed the book as a whole and at a few parts of the story found myself laughing out loud at some of the characters and their antics. For me, that is a sign that the author has engaged me as a reader. This is definitely a great start to a new series and I will be looking for more by this author in the future.

I was provided an ARC of this book by the publisher through Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment