Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Driven Series -Box Set


Author:  K. Bromberg
Series:  The Driven Series
Genre:  Romance
Publisher:  JKB Publishing, LLC


Description:  In a world full of willing women, I’m a challenge to the roguish and achingly handsome Colton Donavan. A man used to getting exactly what he wants in all aspects of life. He’s the reckless bad boy constantly skating that razor thin edge toward out of control, on and off of the track. 

Colton crashes into my life like a tornado: sapping my control, testing my vulnerabilities beyond their limits, and unintentionally penetrating the protective wall around my healing heart. Tearing apart the world I rebuilt so carefully with structure, predictability, and discipline. 

I can’t give him what he wants and he can’t give me what I need. But after a glimpse beneath his refined exterior into the dark secrets of his damaged soul, can I bring myself to walk away? 

Our sexual chemistry is undeniable. Our individual need for complete control is irrefutable. But when our worlds collide, is the chemistry enough to bring us together or will our untold secrets and battle of wills force us apart? 


My Review

Let me start by saying that while this series is not brand new, it was recommended to by some members of a group I belong to on Facebook because I had read and enjoyed the Crossfire Series by Sylvia Day.  I had not read anything by this author and the group members thought I would enjoy this series just as much.  Boy were they right.  I'm not sure where to start because this series was a roller-coaster ride of emotions.  This is a well written series that draws you right in from the very beginning.  The author writes with such emotions that you instantly connect with the characters Rylee and Colton.  And what characters they are.  Both are emotionally scarred by their past.  K. Bromberg gives the reader such an incredibly well written emotion packed series that it is hard to forget that the first book in this series, Driven, was her debut novel.  The characters are flawed, complex, and feel deeply.  The story is tight and so well crafted that you just want to continue reading to find out what happens to these two people.  Ms. Bromberg rounds out the cast with a great group of secondary characters that are all calling out for their own turn in the spot light (some of which already have their own stories).  I was very impressed with this debut by K. Bromberg.  This is one of those series that will stay with you after you have finished the last page.  In fact, this series will be on my keeper shelf and I can imagine that I will be re-reading this in the future.  It should be noted that this series contains mature sexual content so if you are offended by such content this is not the series for you.

 If you are looking for a story that has emotion, romance, great characters and plenty of hot steamy scenes then look no further.  This is one of the best series that I have read in this genre in a long time and I will be reading the other books in the series that are already available as well as looking forward to those to be written in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment