Saturday, January 2, 2016

For Seven Nights Only


Author:  Sarah Ballance
Series:  A Chase Brothers Story
Genre:  Romance
Publisher:  Entangled Publishing LLC (Lovestruck)
Publication Date:  January 18, 2016

Description:  Kelsie Reed is over bad luck and bad men. Newly dumped, she’s now the pathetically single maid of honor in her sister's wedding—and her ex is the best man. Her bad luck continues when a plumbing meltdown in her apartment sends her sexy neighbor running to her rescue. He’s got "serial dater" written all over him, which is unfortunate because the man is hot.

Sawyer Chase loves women, but settling down? He’ll leave that to his brothers. But when Kelsie confesses she’s a dating disaster and is about to become the laughing stock of her family wedding, Sawyer takes control. He's got one week to teach her how to land the man of her dreams, and he’ll do it on her terms: no touching, no kissing, and definitely nothing more.

But some rules need to be broken, especially when, for once, there’s something on the line worth fighting for.


My Review

This is the second book in the Chase Brother's series. It is a stand alone novel, so you are not missing anything or lost if you didn't read the first book in the series.  Because this is the first book I have read by Sarah Ballance I didn't know what to expect but when I read the story synopsis I thought it sounded a little different than other romances I have read so I thought I would give it a try.  I found the story to be very enjoyable.  

For me, one of the strengths of the book was how the author crafted the relationships in the story.  I enjoyed the relationship between Sawyer and his brothers, as well as the relationship between Sawyer and Kelsie.  They were realistic with the ups and downs of these types of relationships.  The characters were the heart of the story and I found them to be well developed.  In fact, as the I read the book, I could easily picture future stories about the remaining brothers.  Sawyer is your typical hot, womanizing male, and although he is a stereotype, he does have redeeming qualities and is likable.  I really enjoyed Kelsie's character because while an ex-boyfriend caused her to become insecure about certain aspects of herself, she was still spunky and didn't downplay her intelligence in the hopes it would get her a date or relationship.   Their relationship had plenty of chemistry but I liked that it had to grow and wasn't instant.  In fact, the two don't particularly like each other at the beginning of the book.

The dialogue is well written and I found myself chuckling and even laughing at the banter between Kelsie and Sawyer.  I definitely had some laugh out loud moments when Kelsie was in the kitchen.  I  liked that the book occurred over a short period of time; the course of seven dates.  I think this helped to drive the pace so that there were not any lulls in the story.  All in all, I found this to be a well written, enjoyable read and would be open to reading more stories by this author.

I received an ARC of this book from the publisher through Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment