Saturday, February 13, 2016

Shards of Murder


Author:  Cheryl Hollon
Series:  Webb Glass Shop Mystery #2
Genre:  Cozy Mystery
Publisher:  Kensington
Publication Date:  February 23, 2016

Description:  When a glass-making competition turns deadly, glass shop owner Savannah Webb must search for a window into a criminal's mind…

As the new proprietor of Webb's Glass Shop, Savannah has been appointed to fill her late father's shoes as a judge for the Spinnaker Arts Festival, held in downtown St. Petersburg, Florida. With her innovative glass works, the clear winner is Megan Loyola, a student of Savannah's former mentor. 

But when Megan doesn't show up to accept her $25,000 award, rumors start flying. And when Savannah discovers the woman's dead body on festival grounds, the police immediately suspect her of murder. To keep from appearing before a judge herself, Savannah sorts through the broken pieces of glass scattered around the victim for clues as to who took this killer competition too far.


My Review

This is the second installment in the Webb Glass Shop Mystery series and I found this one to be just as enjoyable as the first book.  This is a well plotted mystery that keeps the reader engaged throughout the story.  The author has a smooth writing style and has put together a solid mystery with plenty of suspects to choose from.  The mystery was well plotted and I thought it has a nice even pace.  I enjoyed how the author weaves in educating the reader about glass making as the mystery unfolds. I found that those parts of the book seemed to just flow right in with the rest of the story.  The characters are also well written and the developing nicely.  I found Savannah to be likable, smart and independent.  The secondary characters are becoming nicely developed as well.  I like how each character has their own special role to play in solving this mystery, especially Rooney.  

I find this to be a very enjoyable series with well plotted mysteries and wonderful, likable characters.  The theme for this cozy is interesting and I enjoy the education about glass making that is weaved into the story.  I will definitely be back for the third installment due out this summer.

I received an ARC from the publisher thought Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.  I was not required to provide an honest review and the opinions expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment