Saturday, April 23, 2016

All Murders Final!


Author:  Sherry Harris
Series:  Sarah Winston Garage Sale Mystery #3
Genre:  Cozy Mystery
Publisher:  Kensington
Expected Publication Date:  April 26, 2016

Description:  When Sarah Winston started the virtual garage sale, it seemed like a keystroke of genius and the next logical step in her business. No more collapsing card tables and rainy-day washouts. But what began as a fun way to run garage sales during the long New England winter has become a nightmare of managing people and putting out fires. Online, she can avoid the crowds--but not the crazies. 

May Be Her Last

She certainly never bargained on dealing with frightening threats. And when a client is murdered, it's time for Sarah to swallow her pride and seek the help of her ex--C.J. Hooker, chief of police. Forging a tense alliance, they search--online and off--for the killer. But solving this crime before someone else gets tagged seems virtually impossible.


My Review

This is the third installment of the Sarah Winston Garage Sale Mysteries and the first book I have read by Sherry Harris.  I have to be honest, Tagged to Death, the first book in this series is on my to be read shelf.  I picked it up at a used book sale and for whatever reason I just haven't been able to bump it to the top of the pile.  Well that will soon change.  Having been offered a copy of this book to review, I thought it would be a good time to jump in and I wasn't disappointed.  Now, if you've read my reviews before, you know that I am one of those who like to start a series with book one.  That being said, I did not in anyway feel lost or that I enjoyed the story less because I didn't read the first two books in the series.

This author has a wonderful writing style.  She is very descriptive and drew me into the story right from the opening scene, when Sarah finds the body of the first victim.  The story line is well plotted and moves along and a nice pace keeping the reader turning the pages to find out the culprit.  I found the mystery to be well crafted.  The author did a really nice job of laying out clues and providing twists, turns and surprises that leads to a climatic ending. There were several occasions where I thought I knew the identity of the killer only to end up seconding guessing myself, as new clues or red herrings emerged.

I really enjoyed Sarah's character.  I think she is well developed and has dimension to her. She is smart and involves the police when she has evidence or information.  The secondary characters are wonderful, fun and quirky.  The round out the story nicely providing much enjoyment and in some cases help in solving the mystery.  It appears that in the first two books there may have been a love triangle that started to develop.  I am not a fan of those in cozy mysteries, but can say that the author appears to have wrapped up that story line with this book.  I am looking forward to see how the relationship story line develops in future installments and it could play a role in mysteries to come.

When I finished the last page, I walked away having enjoyed this book and will definitely be going back to read the first two in the series.  

I received an ARC of this book from the publisher through Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.  This did not influence my opinion and the thoughts expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment