Saturday, October 29, 2016

Going on Hiatus



Dear Followers and Visitors:

Well, it's been over a year since I first started this blog and the journey has been terrific.  I have met a lot of wonderful authors, along with fellow bloggers and readers.  When I first started the blog I had no illusions that anyone would really see it let alone read and comment on the reviews.  It has been so much fun to read the comments people have left and know that they found my review helpful or interesting.

I love to read and review books which is why I started the blog in the first place.  However, in addition to reading and blogging, I also hold down a full time job and have other personal commitments.  While I have enjoyed blogging my reviews this past year, recently I have begun to feel like reading has become another job.  I feel like I have put pressure on myself to read just so I have a review to put on the blog.  As a result, I feel burnt out and my love of reading has begun to dwindle, which saddens me because I have had a book in my hand since I learned to read.  So for that reason, I have decided to take an indefinite hiatus from blogging.  I still plan to read and review on Goodreads and Amazon but hopefully without the pressure of having to finish a book to post a review on the blog, I will begin to rekindle my joy of reading.

I appreciate everyone who has stopped by to read a review or leave a comment.  I am also very thankful for those authors who have asked me to review a copy of their book.  To me that is the highest compliment I could get.  

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to see that you are taking a break from your blog, but I know what you mean about it feeling like a job. I hope you start enjoy reading again, that is the most important thing of all. i enjoyed your reviews and I'm going to make sure that we're friends on Goodreads. Thanks for all the great reviews that you've shared. Take care.

    ReplyDelete